Sunday, December 11, 2011

-habitat challenge quilt complete!-


I finally finished my Habitat Challenge quilt a couple of weeks ago!  My little assistant tried to raise her arms high enough...



but alas, she was a wee bit too small.



So we hung it up on the fence.  If you haven't heard about the challenge, the modern quilt guilds were offered the challenge of taking a bundle of Habitat by Jay McCarroll and making something with them.  Our guild decided on small quilts.

I knew I wanted to cut it into small pieces. It is such busy fabric, and I also wanted something simple and modern.  I found Kate Conklin's pattern called Scattered Showers and knew it was perfect for what I wanted to do.  It was an easy little quilt and came together very quickly.  I could also see fussy cutting some of my Heather Ross little scraps and using them in this pattern. 

I kept the quilting simple and modern as well with some random straight line quilting in a slightly darker grey thread.


I used Kona ash for the background and then used Kona charcoal for both the back and the binding.

One quilt top turned quilt!  Five more quilt tops and/or completed blocks to turn into quilts!  Why do I always get burnt out after I finish the tops?


7 comments:

  1. This is really pretty, Meg! I love the way you quilted it, with just a few diagonal lines. Really goes well with some of the prints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg - Looks fun and modern! So glad you finished this. This quilt gives me an idea on who to use up some treasured fabric pieces. Miss you - hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! neat quilting, good job! i also have several tops awaiting quilting... it's just such a pain to do, but I plan on quilting one tonight if the stars align!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice way to use those fabrics! I need to refocus and get mine finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, our guild is about to embark on this challenge. I love your pattern choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, this is lovely! i'm in the middle of piecing the top for one guild's challenge (i'm late!) and my other guild just handed out the fabric at this month's meeting, so i've still got a bit of time for it. it's a good thing that i love the fabric line!

    your quilting looks fabulous, and i love the charcoal binding, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Meg! I LOVE the quilting lines. Perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...