Saturday, October 22, 2011

-zip pocket pouch-


What can I say...I really am a sucker for Keyka Lou's patterns.  She came out with this new pattern for a Zip Pocket Pouch.


It was the zipper that sold me.  I have been using this Basic Wallet for awhile now to keep just a couple of cards and some cash, but I always run into problems when I get change.  This definitely fixes that problem!


 I found this cute little key fabric at Peapod Fabrics last time we were up in San Francisco.  It was just about a fat quarter size.  Perfect for this little wallet.  I don't know who designed it, but it is from Windham Fabrics.  From the inside I used a notebook paper fabric by Basic Grey.  I think I probably should have switched out my bobbin thread for something lighter because I think the navy blue is a little harsh on the lighter fabric.  Ah well...



This was a quick and easy sew!  I also love that this pattern comes in three sizes.  I think I might make a tall one for a cell phone case.  The sewing took as long as the cutting, and I think I have found my new teacher/ secretary gift for Christmas this year.  Keyka Lou is offering 20% off her patterns through the 24th with code "zippocket", if you are interested in making one of these for yourself!


I also finished my pillow for the Pillow Talk Swap!  It was a good sewing weekend.  I will be back later to show more!


11 comments:

  1. Very cute little zip purse!! And your pillow - wanna see MORE! Looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea Meg,love it,cute cushion also

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pillow so much Meg!!! That wallet is adorable, I got the pattern but haven't gotten to sew it up yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wallet is cute. Love that pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que linda la cartera, la almohada es un sueño felicidades bellos tus trabajos, saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute, does the fabric have keys on it? I want to find a pattern that holds my phone and is also a wallet. I have to say, that I love your blog & it really has inspired me to start my own. So thank you Meg for that!
    JanuaryT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meg, what a cute wallet, and I absolutely love that pillow. I hope you'll show us more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome wallet! and the pillow is fantastical!! love all the great prints you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them, Meg! The zip wallet would make wonderful teacher gifts, especially with the notebook paper fabric, no?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That key fabric is really cute. Great choice, Meg :) Your pillow looks amazing... can't wait to see more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What perfect fabric for that adorable little pouch. Just too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...