Friday, October 28, 2011

-we are ready!-


The kids' costumes are ready!  I have been dying to make the cape in the Oliver and S book, Little Things to Sew, and Halloween was the perfect excuse.  Luckily, Felicity really does like the story of Little Red Riding Hood and was easily sold on the idea.  I used some Kona Red for the outside and a pink gingham flannel for the inside.  I made the smaller size, and the whole thing went together very well.   


However, you can't have a Little Red without the Big Bad Wolf, can you?  I was just going to buy a wolf costume, but by the time I started looking the cheapest I could find was $40 (that was cute, anyway).  Call me cheap, but I didn't want to spend that much for something he would only wear once or twice.  So I found this idea on Martha Stewart.  Simple, easy- perfect!  I bought the little gray hoodie and some felt all for under $10.


It took me only an hour this afternoon to cut out the templates from the felt and glue them all on.  That is my kind of costume making.  I do think my favorite part is his claws. 


The only part I actually had to sew was his tail, which is made out of more felt.  I just attached it to the top of his pants with a big safety pin.



I tried to get a picture of Little Red and the Wolf together.  However, the Wolf was distracted by that basket full of yummy treats.  Then he dove right in and attacked!


His attempts were foiled!  Chocolate is not good for wolves.



We tried to convince Juliana to be Grandma, but she didn't go for it.  She wanted to be the beautiful Rapunzel, and I have to admit that if I was six I would want to be Rapunzel too.


All three munchkins together.  (I have no idea what Juliana's foot and twist thing is about.)


The Wolf spots those yummy candies once more!

Hope you all have a safe and wonderful Halloween!

Linking up to Amylouwho's Sew and Tell!



9 comments:

  1. how cute are these kiddies meg,have fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Meg! What cute costumes. They all look very happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! I was just talking with a coworker about how much I would like it if my kids would do costume themes together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pics and the costumes!! The cape looks beautiful. What an adorable idea with the wolf costume--it's perfect. But Juliana's posing and Josiah with the candy, oh my, cracking me up!! Since when is he walking? Great job, Meg!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Rapunzel is learning to model and pose. So cute!!!!!! Little Bad Wolf is hilarious in his chocolate distraction and Little Red is just perfectly sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, they are just SO CUTE!! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling costumes! I love all of them! Felicity is a happy and cute Red Riding Hood. Josiah is a hoot being so distracted by the candy. Juliana's dress is beautiful and she is so funny with her "posing". Felicity is so happy! I bet they had fun at the party tonight!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...