Monday, October 17, 2011

-habitat-

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers for my dad!  He is now out of the hospital and while he still has a ways to 100%, he seems to be heading in the right direction!



Our modern quilt guild had a Habitat quilt challenge.  We were given six fat eighths of Jay McCarroll's line, Habitat, and told to make a small quilt.  I will just say this once (I know there are some Habitat lovers out there.), but I don't like this line. at. all.  Plus, jewel tones aren't really my thing either.  Now I do like certain prints, but for some reason the line as a whole seems too busy to me.  I guess I am more of a soft colors and pretty florals girl.  (My mom is always commenting on how many florals I have in my stash.)  

So I decided to cut the fabric up into small pieces.  I knew I wanted something that spread out these prints and was modern, since these fabrics are definitely more abstract.  I found this pattern, Scattered Showers, by Kate Conklin and knew it was exactly what I was looking for.


This pattern came together so fast!  It was fun.  I would highly recommend it.  It took me only a couple hours Thursday and Friday to cut and sew half the blocks, and then Saturday I put the quilt top together.  I have to go buy some fabric this week for the back, but I hope to have this one complete by the end of the week!


It was so much fun to sit down and really sew for good chunks of time.  With the pregnancy I have just been so dead by the end of the day that all I can do is sit in a chair and watch a movie.  During the day this little man has been demanding my attention.  Don't let these little chocolate brown eyes and messy face fool you- he is trouble.  




3 comments:

  1. hahaha but he looks so cute,great quilt top,well done Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trouble...no, not him!! Love your Habitat quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear your dad is on the road to recovery! That little boy could never be trouble ;o) What a cutie pie!!!

    The quilt top is beautiful! I think the POPS of color are fab!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...