Saturday, July 3, 2010

Princess Backpacks


The girls will be going to preschool this fall, and I wanted to make them some backpacks. I decided to get any early start because knowing me I would be stressed about them the night before school started and not get any sleep. I like sleep.


I used Made By Rae's Toddler backpack pattern. She so generously let me have it for free since I was a judge for Spring Top Week. I think I will start a new motto: "Will judge flickr photos for patterns." ;0) It was a great pattern. Easy to understand and to put together. There is some thick layers that you sew through, so make sure you use a denim needle if you make one.


I used Heather Ross's new line- Far, Far Away II. Love it. The pattern calls for 1/2 yard of fabric, but I used two fat quarters for each of these backpacks.


I could only get Juliana to pose with her backpack. (I don't know why my photos of these turned out so blurry.) Felicity was too busy "Playing with toys." Horsies and castle playing come before taking staged pictures. Duh.


Here are the back of the backpacks. The only problem I had were the slides that I picked up for the straps. They are almost completely ineffective. I have to wrap the straps around twice to get them to stay.

11 comments:

  1. So, so cute! I've got the pattern but have yet to pick out fabrics. My little on is going to start a 2 day a week daycare program next month and I need to make her one by then. Good to know about the fat quarters working out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these! i was thinking those fabrics would be super cute as backpacks, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. I love the fabrics you used, perfect for these backpacks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabric is lovely. I'm sure they'll make going off to preschool for the first time a little easier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great! I love the fabric! I know the girls will enjoy using them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those backpacks are GREAT !!!
    Now I want to make the same!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LALA-LOVE!!!!
    Fantastic job!
    I needs that fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are so cute. anyone know where i can get a good backpack pattern for a 5year old kindergarderner? i'd sooner make one....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Megan! FFA2 is perfect for those!

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. Awesome mention by SMS on Facebook too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...