Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mini Red Cross Quilt


I finished the top for my doll quilt for the Doll Quilt Swap.  I made one block just to test this idea, and once I started there was no going back!  I haven't worked on anything else!  


I had all sorts of ideas going for this swap.  It was driving me crazy.  I was falling asleep thinking of what I should do.  Last week I made the Greek Cross block in the Summer Sampler Series Quilt-a-long.  It was such a fun, easy block, and I loved the big simple cross.  My partner in this swap seems to have a love for crosses, and so finally I had a plan!  

I shrunk this block down to five inches unfinished, so this little quilt should end up about 13 1/2 inches when it is all done!  Teeny.  I had originally planned to have the different red crosses all spread out, but the big red dot crosses stood out so much.  So, I lined them up and was more pleased with this layout.  This little quiltie has a few little quirks too it.  However, my partner strikes me as someone who likes things just a bit "off". 


 So here is where I need help...I don't know how to quilt it!  I don't want to do anything that will distract from the crosses.  So maybe I will just do some outline quilting of the crosses and diamonds?  What do you think?



12 comments:

  1. I love the design!! Very unique. I would just quilt around the crosses and diamonds like you were thinking. Great job! Can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great block! Makes an adorable doll quilt- great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cuteness! i think quilting around the diamonds and crosses would work just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you are doing! Will\ you be sending it to me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! And I love the choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so cute Meg well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute! Your piecing is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What about some hand quilting with just a little running stitch. Maybe even use that red & white bakers twine. I think I have seen that used before with great results. It is so small that the quilting portion would be very managable, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this! I'd never seen the Greek Cross until the Summer Sampler Series. I had fun with that one too. I think outline quilting of the crosses would be good. Or maybe you could echo quilt inside the crosses like a maze so there are multiple crosses inside (does that make sense?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really cute, Meg. Great color choices and layout.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...