Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Blanket and Blocks


Last week I finished up this light blanket for the baby. Since he is going to be mostly a summer baby, light was definitely needed. Summers are hot here. I used some Little Folks for the front and some Folksy flannel for the back and bound it in some blue Kona cotton. I was totally inspired to make this after seeing Anna Maria Horner's versions. The Little Folks voile is really just as lovely as everyone says it is, and the flannel is oh so soft.



I also joined my first quilting bee last month! I am so excited about this. I have no idea what I am going to do once my turn comes, but my month isn't until December so I have time. It is the Fussy Cut Bee, and everyone is supposed to make blocks that are in some way fussy cut. This was my first block for Greta! It is colorful log cabin, and the only requirement was that one of the flowers be fussy cut for the center. It was fun and easy to make. In the second one I added some more reds from my overflowing scrap basket.


This is one of my week three pinwheel blocks. I love the cherry fabric for this one. This block was definitely the most difficult so far, but I think they both turned out well.

4 comments:

  1. The blankets for the baby are just beautiful and the quilt blocks are amazing. You have a great eye for color and do very neat precise work! They all look terrific!

    G.G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love the blanket so much, I love that first block too the colors are just so vivid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blocks are beautiful! And I love the baby blanket too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...