Sunday, April 26, 2009

Gifts

I have been in gift mode-a-rama lately. First up are these sweet little baby shoes (from this tutorial). I love this Amy Butler print. I think it is my favorite from her Daisy Chain line.

The Margaret Sling Bag by Oh Fransson!. I have been wanting to use this pattern since she came out with it at Christmas. Yay, finally! I am really pleased with the outcome and it was an easy and straightforward pattern. I might make the cross body strap longer, if I was taller person though. The only thing I did differently is that I interfaced with Decorbond (my favorite bag interfacing) instead of using flannel like she suggests.


Last, but definitely, not least is a Notetaker from a pattern by Pink Chalk Studio. I have made several of these as gifts and really enjoy the great result you get with this pattern. I usually carry this pattern in my shop, but it is currently out of stock at the moment. There are several patterns for things like these, but Kathy's way of inserting the heavy weight interfacing through the center and having a separate strip of interfacing down the middle I think sets it off from the others. This version is the small one, but I have made the large as well which is just as easy. This would make a great gift for teachers (seeing as the school year will soon be coming to a close!)

I also think the cell phone holder pattern that I am currently carrying would make a great teacher gift!

Also, check out See Katie Sew for an awesome giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. I love this pattern! It can be used a lot!
    -G.G.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...