Tuesday, October 9, 2012

-kcwc:day two-


This time around I made pants for the oldest and youngest!



pattern:

Essential Pants from Little Girls, Big Style book.


fabric:

a floral corduroy I got on clearance from Joann's years ago!  I have brought this fabric out almost every fall with an intention to make a jumper or some pants, and every year it has gone back into the stash.  No more!


sewing:

two pattern pieces.  Easy, except for the fact that I had just enough fabric and I had to cut each leg out separately   I forgot to flip one piece around, so ended up with two of the "same leg".  So I had to fudge it a bit.  Not at much room for the *cough* derriere as there should be, but they seem to fit okay for now.  I made the size 6 which fits just fine except the length is jussst right.  I don't think she will be able to wear them for longer than a couple months.  Luckily, she has a sister who will fit into them when she doesn't. ;0)  I also appliqued some stars onto the pants with the same fabric to give it a little something something.  Kind of fun to look and find them.



pattern: 

Britches and Bloomers by Jackie Clark

fabric:

Summer Love by Art Gallery. I made myself a wrap skirt in the spring from this fabric, and I had just enough leftover for some baby pants.  I love this line of fabric.  One of my favorite lines of this year. 


sewing:

This pattern is pretty similar to the pants I made for Juliana.  Just two pieces and a little ruffle.  I made the 6-12 month size.  Samantha is a tiny six month old so they don't quite fit, but they will soon enough!

Coming up next: something for the boy!

See what I made for day one here.




1 comment:

  1. These are too cute! I'm doing a round-up post of some of my favorites from the KCWC flickr pool and I'd love to feature yours using the photo from the flickr pool and a link back to your blog post if that's okay with you (just the outfit, not your child's photo...I believe firmly in privacy)!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...