Friday, October 12, 2012

-kcwc day five-

Flashback Skinny Tee

pattern:

Rae's Flashback Skinny Tee, size 5 for my almost 5 year old.  Felicity told me it is a little big.  I told her that was a good thing because that way as she gets older it will still fit.  "So it will fit me until I am 159???", she asked.  Well, I don't know about that...  

Flashback Skinny Tee

fabric:

heart jersey knit  and solid yellow knit from Girl Charlee.
You might recognize these from the pajamas I made earlier this year.

Flashback Skinny Tee

sewing:

Rae was so generous to give her Spring Top judges their choice of one of her patterns.  I picked out her popular Flashback Tee and have been meaning to make one ever since.  It really is super easy. Cutting and sewing took me less than an hour.  Hemming did take a little longer because I tried the twin needle method for the first time, and I had to re-thread my machine and test it out on a scrap to make sure I got it just right.  Katy from No Big Dill has some good tips on how to set everything up.  If you haven't taken the plunge yet into knit sewing, this is the perfect pattern to start with.  Rae walks you right through it.


Up next: twirly skirt!



1 comment:

  1. so cute! yeah i had been using the FBST more as a pattern block but just have started making some actual shirts out of it and it's SO easy and great! i feel like it's a must own if you do kid sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...