Friday, January 3, 2014

Yarn Along




I have been working on some mason jar cozies this past week.  I finished the shawl I showed last time.  It has a few ends to be weaved in, and I will take some pictures to share.  It was a lovely project, but I was glad to see it done.  Those looooonnng rows.  I needed something quick and fast, and these fit the bill perfectly!  This pattern comes with a "his and hers" versions.  I made the her version first with yarn leftover from Samantha's birthday sweater.  I love this color!  Then I grabbed some leftover yarn from a vest I made last January to make a "his", which has more of a herringbone effect.  This is a dk weight and seems to work just as well.  Just a little shorter and a tighter fit.  I bought some cuppows, and I can't wait to use these!  I think I am going to be doing some more leftover yarn digging and making some of these as gifts to have on hand.   I have been reading "No Name" by Wilkie Collins this break.  It is a fun read.  I have read (and enjoyed) both "Woman in White" and "The Moonstone", and this is shaping up to be just as good.


Linking up to Ginny's Yarn Along!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...