Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas to New Year's














The week between Christmas and New Year's is such a deliciously different week.  I feel like there is so much prep and anticipation for Christmas.  Then it ARRIVES, and everyone is allowed to take a bit of a breath, relax, and enjoy.  There was a lot of sickness for us, but we made it through.  In some ways it forced us to slow down even more.  We did a lot of reading, crafting (Hello, Rainbow Loom!!  Where have you been all my life?), and board game playing.  New Year's Day is our anniversary.  It was a simple day- recovering from staying up too late the night before. ;0)  But we got to mass, took the kids out for a special lunch, and made some yummy Cornish game hens for dinner.  We will have a more elaborate celebration next week, I think.  2013 was a challenging year.  However, I am becoming more aware that challenges are not necessarily bad.  That through the difficulties one can change and grow in ways you never thought you could through the grace of God.  The God part is essential though.  I see Him working on me- on all of us- and I see hope, and I hold on ever tighter. 

I am not ready for this Christmas break to be over.  I could use one more week.  Only a couple more days until the routine and school and everything else starts all over again.  So, I am going to go sew while my kids play with neighbor kids outside and enjoy and dream  about all the blessings I have been given.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...