I completed my little Greek Cross quilt for the Doll Quilt Swap. I am pleased with how it turned out, and I hope partner will be happy with it as well. For the binding I used a graph paper fabric. I was thinking of using red, but I thought it was going to be too bold and went for softer instead.
When I first posted the top and asked for quilting suggestions, I had a number of people suggest hand quilting. I really go excited by the idea and even went out and bought some Pearl thread. However, I sat down to start one night, and I decided against it. I just wasn't feeling it. So I took some pretty variegated blue thread and machine quilted around the crosses and diamonds instead. It is subtle, and I think suits the strong pattern.
I did, however, do some hand stitching around the label. I used a note book paper fabric for the label and then stamped on my little message.
Now I just have to wait for the mailing date! *fingers crossed*