Spring has arrived here in California and with it many allergies, plus add some sort of virus and a teething baby. Well, I just haven't gotten out of the house much, but I have been productive in the sewing department.
Remember this quilt block that I made for my bee quilt? I loved this block so much. I couldn't get it out of my head to make a pillow just like it, but I am laaaazzzyy. So I decided to just use the quilt block I already made for the quilt for the pillow instead. I added some thin borders of gray and a bit of the bright pink. I love how the bright pink blends with the rest of the fabrics but really pops and catches your eye. I then added a scrappy border and put some more elephants in the corners. I wanted to use the gray for the binding but ran out of the medium gray I was using for the sashing, but luckily I had some Kona charcoal that worked really well. Whew. Didn't have to break the fabric fast. ;0)
For the quilting- I kept it simple. I used a variegated yellow thread. My machine has this triple stitch that I really like because it makes the stitching stand out more and kind of has a hand stitched look. I used that for the center sashing and then outline stitched the center blocks and outer sashing.
For the back I used this Amy Butler Midwest Modern print, since it incorporated all the colors that I used for the front.
Just one more shot... just because...:0)
I am entering this one into Rachel's Pillow Party!