Sunday, December 12, 2010

Coats!


I finished these cute coats a couple of weeks ago, but it just hasn't been cold enough to even wear them.  It seems like fall is just starting to hit us now.  I was inspired to make this coat after seeing From An Igloo's Sew-A-Long.  It is the Stylish Kids Double Breasted Coat Pattern from Dear My Kids, a PDF pattern store on Etsy.  This pattern is excellent.  Very professionally done. The first version she sent me didn't have seam allowances, but she updated the pattern to include seam allowances which definitely a plus to me.  One less step!  I didn't modify the pattern at all, and the sizes seem pretty true to size for my girls.  The only thing I would have probably done differently is add interfacing to the collar as it seems a little floppy.


I used pink and blue corduroy for the outside of the coat and lined them with some flannel from the Bliss fabric line.  I love the flannel.  It so, so soft.  The girls had already worn these coats all day before I got to take pictures so that is why they are all wrinkly!


The required sad face.


Silly faces!

4 comments:

  1. I love these coats! They are beautiful! The girls are so funny and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahaha, love the silly faces. Meg... Would you be interested in swapping links? I added you to my Blog sidebar http://www.lindsaysews.com. Let me know! lindsay.conner(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coats look beautiful Meg..as do your girls. I really love the photo when the smallest has her bottom lip dropped...too cute and an expression I know all too welL!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...