So, I have made my first dress for me. I wanted something simple. Something that would turn out well. So I went with the ever popular Built by Wendy pattern- Simplicity 3835. I have made a shirt from this pattern already and knew it would fit.
Overall, I am pleased. I did the elastic from the shirt part to erase the hassle of a zipper. I also cut the back on a fold so I wouldn't have to sew a seam down the middle of the back. I used a lovely dusty pink linen/rayon. I added some little pearl buttons to the pockets. (The pockets were probably the hardest part!) Then I put on one of my origami flower pins, so I could submit it to Sew Mama Sew's Flower Power Contest!
I like the dress. Now I just need to lose those last eight pounds.