Earlier this year I had the great inspiration to try and finish up all my projects that I have left unfinished (aka WIPs). I did great up to a point, but I lost steam and got distracted *gasp*! However, now my half finished pile has grown once more, and I am determined this summer to get most of these finished up!
I find it is always better when you have friends supporting and encouraging each other along. So, I thought I would issue a summer challenge to anyone with some sewing projects that need to be taken care of! From now until August 15th lets work on getting these once beloved projects their finishing touches!
- First, gather all your WIPs and take a count! A WIP is anything that has at least been cut into. It could be a quilt, clothing, home decor, or accessory item! If it is just fabric and a pattern, it isn't a WIP yet!
- Decide what needs to be done to get them finished. Maybe that queen sized quilt top should be sent to a long arm quilter? That dress you were sure was going to be so cute but wasn't...maybe it is time to make it a skirt or at least save what fabric you can! Some quilt blocks can be donated...find a charity! Your windows are still rather bare because the curtains you started three months ago are languishing in a dark corner.
- Come join in and leave a comment letting me know what your plans are and join the Flickr group to share pictures and lend support!
- Commit to spending at least once a week working on one of these projects! I am not going to say that you shouldn't start anything new because sometimes inspiration strikes, and well...two months is a long time! This is just supposed to be fun and help clear out some of those skeletons in the closet.
- So grab a button and come back this Friday for a linky party! I will be sharing all my WIPs, and I would love to see what you are planning on working on as well!