Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My first rag quilt....


I love looking through Flickr and looking at all the fabulous quilts people make. I saw some really cute rag quilts and was very tempted by how easy everyone says they are. It was! I used this tutorial, although I made my blocks a little smaller. It went together quickly. The roughest part was all the clipping. Youch! My hands hurt for a good day. :0) Next time I am going to get those special scissors. However, it was the perfect way of using up those big strips of batting leftover from other projects. I love making use of scraps.


I used Wheels by My Mind's Eye. I admit I have never paid attention to little boy fabric that much until I found out that I was going to have one. This is definitely one of my favorites right now. I backed it with a camel minky for extra softness.

I am almost done with my baby girl quilt using this tutorial. Binding is halfway done. I am sorely tempted to join this quilt-a-long. I love her pinwheel quilt.

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm so glad you're having a boy! He's going to love this quilt one day! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! My Mom had a few friends over a couple of weeks ago to help her sew up her stash and we made 5 rag quilts. She gave 4 of them to my 4 boys, but I have to do all the trimming. Girl, I still haven't finished doing 1!! It does kill your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Amy- I looked at all your rag quilts. WOW! How much fun to sew together with so many people.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...