Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Folklore Bag



My local quilt shop was having a sale. Can't resist a sale. I some of the Authentic line and knew I needed some for a new bag. I wanted a tote, and I wanted pleats. I started browsing for ideas online and in my stash, and nothing was exactly what I was looking for. We spent an evening at Barnes and Noble and had a couple of hot little gift cards in our hands. I spotted the "One Yard Wonders" book and put it in my stack. This book is chock full of different patterns. Some of them more interesting than others, of course. There are a lot of child and baby oriented patterns, but I like that. I have little kids. The bag patterns look solid and not just your basic totes and messenger bag patterns. It definitely has a nice variety of small patterns that would make great gifts, and a lot of them don't even need a whole yard. Anyway, it was the Folklore Bag that really caught my eye. The pattern went together well. I didn't like how she had you attach the top, so I did it my way and my new Authentic bag was born.... In fact, I like it so much I ordered more and hoping that soon my new Authentic quilt will be born. *grin*


6 comments:

  1. I love it! I bought this book when it was released and opened it once...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty bag! I love the combination of fabrics that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabric you chose! I am in the middle of sewing my first folklore bag and wonder why the pattern says only to cut one side/bottom interfacing piece. Did you do it that way? Please let me know. Thanks, cathy@trahans.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - your folklore bag is great! I made one myself recently, it's so fun to see the very same pattern look so different just from the different fabric choices. Very nice work!!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabrics that you used!! Can you tell me who they are by? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...