Things have been busy. I have been slowly working on this dress for Juliana. I was inspired by this version of the Oliver + S birthday party dress. Juliana and Felicity are both going to be flower girls in a couple of weddings this summer. I loved the simplicity of the dress match the silk dupioni. I wanted to make the dress up in a cheaper material first though to do a run through before messing up the lovely (expensive!) silk.
The pattern itself isn't difficult. I just wasn't inspired when making it though. I was just dragging my feet over this for some reason. I hate having to trace out patterns. I think that is one of the reasons why I don't like making clothing sometimes. I like to keep patterns in tact, especially the kid ones so I can use the different sizes. I find it such a pain tracing them though. Anyone have any good tips on streamlining this process?
The dress is so cute though! I love it. I like it with the little tie over the button tab. I think it adds that touch of girly. I made a little bolero jacket to go over it as well that I didn't get a picture of.
One of these buttonholes caused me a big headache. It kept getting stuck in one spot. I finally got it done after an hour or so of ripping it out. Pooh.
Juliana saw a picture of a flower girl on the cover of one of the patterns I was considering. People keep telling her she is going to be a flower girl, but I don't think she got it until she saw the picture. It was instantaneous love. She says she wants stars in her hair and a bucket with flowers. This was her version of a flower girl that she came up with all on her own. (She couldn't find a white bucket...only orange.)