Tuesday, November 20, 2012

-wallets and pouches-

Coloring Wallets

I made these coloring wallets for my niece and nephew for their birthdays a few weeks back.  I have made several of these coloring wallets (pattern by jcasa).  They were my go to birthday present for a couple of years, but it has been awhile since I made one.  These are great to use up large scraps though and go together quickly.

Coloring Wallet- Boy

For the boy wallet I used a Japanese car fabric that I had leftover from Josiah's pants I made during Kids Clothes Week and a blue solid for the lining.

Coloring Wallet- girl

For the girl wallet I used a Japanese princess and the frog fabric leftover from Juliana's bento box carrier and a green solid.  I do interface the outside and the lining to make them sturdy, but iron on interfacing does crinkle a bit since it is folded, and this is especially noticeable on the inside.

Idea Pouch

I also made my first Christmas gift!  This is the Idea Pouch from Michelle Patterns.  I bought this when she first released the pattern.  I changed the button closure to use a rubber band because I didn't like having to wrap a string, and I think this makes it look a little more streamlined. 

Idea Pouch

 I really think this is a versatile pattern.  It can fit an iPad, a composition book, or I also think it would be nice for an embroidery project- you  could keep a hoop and pattern in the main part and adjust the pockets on the inside for your floss, needles, and scissors.  I am definitely going to make another for me after the holidays.  For the fabric I used two half yards from Madrona road.  However, the pattern does call for 2/3 yards because of the height of the pieces.  Fabric.com usually cuts their fabric a bit generously.  I was lucky, and it worked!  

zip Pocket Pouch

I also made myself a new wallet.  This is the Zip Pocket Pouch from Michelle Patterns.  My old wallet was the same pattern in the big size.  This is the tall.  My old one somehow ended up in the kitchen trash can.  Hmm...I have my suspicions on how that happened.  I definitely couldn't keep it...trust me.   

Zip Pocket Pouch

I love this cute typewriter fabric, and this is a super fun pattern to put together.

I am a huge fan of all of Michelle's patterns, and she currently has all of her patterns on sale for $5 until 11/25!  I definitely would recommend her patterns to even a beginner because she has such great details on how to get your bag or pouch to look professional.  Go check them out!

I will be back later this week to show you my finished cowl!  Yay!


3 comments:

  1. Those are super cool with that lovely fabrics.Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these! And that typewriter fabric! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word - it looks so cute!
    Gaby X

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...