Saturday, October 16, 2010

My Fussy Cut Bee Picks


My turn has come up for The Fussy Cut Bee.  My month in November, but I sent them out a little early to give people more time to work on them before the craziness of the holidays sets in.  I have changed my mind several times on what I wanted for my quilt.  I have been on a gray kick for awhile though.  So I decided to go with a color scheme that included gray.  I started out with the two yellow and gray Amy Butler prints you see that I have had for a long time- just waiting for the right project.  I used almost exclusively fabrics from my stash except for the bright pink floral and the little pink elephants that I got from Hawthorne Threads to add a bit more pink to the mix.


I originally thought I would use the large Amy Butler floral as the fussy cut, but I just wasn't feeling it and went with the little elephants instead.  For my block I was inspired by this quilt.  I love log cabin blocks, and I love all the improvisational piecing you can add to these to give a variety of looks.  Here is the gallery of photos I put together for the other members of the bee.  I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

2 comments:

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...