This weekend was slow. It involved a lot of blog fiddling and old Survivor episode watching. It was so nice. I got a bit of sewing done and finished up my last project for my Spicing Up the Kitchen Swap partner. These are teeny (Felicity is obsessed with the word "teeny", and it is a word that often comes up in our conversations.) little embroideries I got from one of my Japanese embroidery books. I then used them to cover some buttons and added some fun origami fabric backs for some color.
My two year blog anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks. It doesn't feel like I have been blogging that long! I wish I could be better about blogging consistently, but I have enjoyed all the people and things I have participated in through having this little blog. I have a fun little giveaway that I am planning to celebrate!
I always like finding out more about the people behind the blogs I read, so I thought I would share some little things.
- I always, always lose my seam ripper. When I can't find it, all I can imagine is super gluing it to my body so as to never lose it again.
- I got into sewing because my husband accidentally signed me up for nude drawing class. I decided to take a sewing class instead. ;0)
- My sewing machine is a Janome MC6600. I also have a Brother 1034D serger, and my little Kenmore is the backup!
- My dog's barking drives me crazy.
- My favorite finger nail polish colors are neutrals like gray and sand.
- I love waking up to three little bright, happy morning faced kids.
- I love homemade whipped cream. My girls just call it "cream".
- I can't resist chocolate chip cookies. I can't.
- This is currently my favorite song. Love, love it!
- I'm shy. I really try not to be, but I am.
- I love Jane Austen. I think I cried when I found out I had read everything she had written.
- Along the same lines, we love the world of BBC Drama- Cranford, Larkrise to Candleford, North and South. Good stuff.
- I used to have a horse- two actually.
- I recently have gotten into running. I have never, ever been able to run. I downloaded the Couch to 5K app on my phone, and now I recommend it to everyone!
Your turn...share something about yourself!